Giving generously is an important part of the Catholic faith.
There are many ways to give, of course. One way is to establish a Donor Advised Fund at The Catholic Foundation.
What is a Donor Advised Fund?
Great question. Imagine a way to make charitable gifts from a designated account managed by The Catholic Foundation. You put money in the fund when it makes sense for you, and then you tell us where and when to send your charitable gifts — we take care of all the paperwork and the accounting.
Why should I start a Donor Advised Fund?
A Donor Advised Fund can be established at The Catholic Foundation with as little as $5,000.
Once the fund is established, you can contact the Foundation at any time to request a charitable distribution.
Why do it? Here’s why:
- You can use any liquid asset to start a DAF, including stocks, grain, or cash.
- You can make additional donations to the DAF at any time.
- Upon your donation, you are eligible for a tax deduction.
- The Catholic Foundation manages the fund and makes distributions to your preferred charities upon request.
- You are not required to disperse DAF funds within a specific period of time.
Sound great? It is.
A Donor Advised Fund is a great way to make gifts, and take the stress of managing the funds off of your shoulders. And the potential tax benefits should be obvious.
For more information on Donor Advised Funds, contact The Catholic Foundation of Southern Nebraska at 402-488-2142.
At The Catholic Foundation of Southern Nebraska, we want to help you give charitably and meaningfully. You don’t have to be wealthy to work us: We work with individuals, couples, and families who want to make a difference in the lives of other people.
If you’re interested in learning more, let us know.